Intel 82574L NIC not working.

I do have the lvm-drbd-storage shared. I have only two node. I can see that when I install a new VM that the lvm-drbd-storage is the same size on both nodes.

Thanks,
dakota_winds

I do have the lvm-drbd-storage shared. I have only two node. I can see that when I install a new VM that the lvm-drbd-storage is the same size on both nodes.

Thanks,
dakota_winds
Hi,
to bring light in the dark, can you post following output?
Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
vgs
cat /etc/pve/nodes/*/qemu-server/VMID.conf   # e.g. 105.conf or what number the VM has
Udo

Last login: Wed Aug 8 09:44:47 2012 from 10.0.0.181
root@prxmx1:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
lvm: drbdgp
vgname drbdvg
shared
content images
nodes prxmx1

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir
maxfiles 0

root@prxmx1:~# vgs
VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree
drbdvg 1 2 0 wz--n- 931.48g 799.48g
pve 1 3 0 wz--n- 278.96g 15.99g
root@prxmx1:~# cat /etc/pve/nodes/*/qemu-server/101.conf
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 1
ide0: drbdgp:vm-101-disk-1
ide2: local:iso/ubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64.iso,media=cdrom
memory: 2048
name: ubu12test
net0: rtl8139=9A:EE:C8:30:1C:D4,bridge=vmbr0
ostype: l26
sockets: 1

Obviously I am missing something. Per the directions from http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD...

[h=1]Create the first VM on DRBD for testing and live migration[/h] In order to check end to end functionality, create a new KVM VM - and obviously store the VM disk on the previously created storage. Now, if you install the operating system - in my case a Ubuntu 9.04 all the data is already replicated automatically on both nodes - just finish the installation and reboot into your VM.
Try to live migrate the VM - as all data is available on both nodes it just take a few seconds. The overall process can take a bit longer if the VM is under load and if there is a lot of RAM involved. But in any case, the downtime is minimal and you will see no interruption at all - like you use iSCSI or NFS for storage back-end.

I see that the VM is created on prxmx1 and is also mirrored to prxmx2 but if I shutdown prxmx1 I am not able to access any VM. Should I not be able to still use the VM if prxmx1 is down. Being mirrored on prxmx2 I should still be able to use it, correct?
Thank you for your patients and assistance.

dakota_winds

Obviously I am missing something. Per the directions from http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD...

Create the first VM on DRBD for testing and live migration

Then read carefully again:
Code:
Preparations
Make sure you run at least Proxmox VE 1.4 on both servers and [B]create[/B] the well known standard [B]Proxmox VE Cluster[/B]
Btw. with pve2.x is an three-node-cluster better than a two-node-cluster.

Hi Udo

Can you tell me how to disable encryption of DRBD for use in cross-over cable on Proxmox VE? and what percentage of improvement is achieved?

Best Regards
Cesar

Last edited:
Hi Udo

Can you tell me how to disable encryption of DRBD for use in cross-over cable on Proxmox VE? and what percentage of improvement is achieved?

Best Regards
Cesar
Hi Cesar,
comment cram-hmac-alg and shared-secret in the net-section (global, or recource) - see http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html.
But I don't know how much improvement you get.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!