Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
I am trying to install PVE via Serva,

My ServaAsset.ini file is:

[PXESERVA_MENU_ENTRY]
asset = Proxmox-3-1
platform = x64
kernel = memdisk
append = iso initrd=NWA_PXE\$HEAD_DIR$\Proxmox-3-1.iso raw

But after loading iso to memdisk as installation starts, I am getting this error, please see screen shot.
SS.jpg

Any idea?

It was not possible to install Proxmox from Pxe and I talked to Serva's support desk and got following respond after they investigated why it was not possible.

It could be “possible” but terribly messy; this means a huge hack to make it work;

That thing is not well designed from a PXE point of view; today designing a virtualized
environment that can only be booted by DVD is nuts.
There are people that say “well, PXE install Debian Wezie then install Proxmox on top” that’s a mess.

You can tell the developers that today a Linux install must contain a PXE enable booting kernel + initrd set
including net drivers, NFS, HTTP, and CIFS support.
From that point there are 2 strategies;

1. OS install by individual package transfers
  2. OS live run by single transfer of a squashfs partition with an install option.
All the big distros use these approaches. Proxmox should do the same.
Debian is a distro that can be customized w/o much trouble, they should do just that adding their own components w/o
losing the Debian PXE compatibly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!