Installing Proxmox on Debian Squeeze

ptmuldoon

Apr 28, 2012
I'm trying to install proxmox onto a fresh Debian Squeeze in a virtual environment within VMWare. Simply learning and testing at this point, before installing onto my actual physical machine.

I ran through the how to in the wiki here http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Squeeze

But I hit a snag when trying to restart apache. Forget the various errors, but was never able to get the proxmox webpage to load.

I'm going to restart again from a fresh debian install (again within VMWare), but wanted to confirm if the how-to is up to date, and if anyone has experience similar.

Once I get things running correctly in VMWare, I'll move and install things onto an actual physical box.

Thanks
PT.

should work without problems.

We can run Proxmox VE inside VMware WS 8 and by enabling VT virtualization for the guest I can even run KVM guests inside (nested virtualization).

But you need a recent Intel CPU for this (or amd), speed is also not that great but more than enough for testing.

My Desktop:
Win7 (64 bit), 16 GB ram, Core-i7-3770k together with a Intel SSD 520 - so far a great Desktop system, consuming only 25 Watt in idle mode.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!