installing network manager completely broke networking.

crashpb

Aug 30, 2023
so I just Installed network manager in case someday I might need nmtui to do something however rn I can't access proxmox or any other vms via network.
what's the best way to Uninstall network manager and revert any changes it has done?
or am I screwd.

Yes, network manager shouldn't be used because it screws up PVEs network configs. Do the opposite of how you installed it. Just with a "apt remove" instead of a "apt install".

Reactions: crashpb
if network manager is not managing device on proxmox...(ie: "nmcli device status" shows all devices with state "unmanaged" ...except the lo"....is that systemd-networkd? I have those disabled

PVE will use ifupdown2 for managing the network configuration

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!