Apr 28, 2005
We just uploaded new video tutorials.

Introduction to Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.0

Installation and Configuration of Proxmox Mail Gateway

Migrate Proxmox Mail Gateway 4 to version 5

Create a cluster with Proxmox Mail Gateway

Martin Maurer
Proxmox Mail Gateway project leader

Thanks Martin! I am looking forward to use PMG for some NGO projects and my private servers.

Is there currently any way to implement Outgoing DKIM Signing and Incoming DKIM checks? Maybe I've just missed that.

that there are people who do not know much about English, a large community

my question was, if I could upload manuals in Spanish of proxmox

regards

Well the first question they should ask themself is why they don't speak English in a global world if the handle IT or any part of it.
You can do that, but not in this forum in my opinion. Manuals should be available in a language most people worldwide speak.

Curious to discriminate against the minority, for not speaking English.

If 10 people are black, they will also say. Not because he was not born black?

same thanks for your amazing response

that there are people who do not know much about English, a large community

my question was, if I could upload manuals in Spanish of proxmox

regards

Which tutorials do you talk about? And where do you want to upload them?

No, the idea is not to create a forum in Spanish.

and what about the statistics, there's a pretty big community that speaks Spanish

but I'm going to stop discussing that here.

Thank you.

Reactions: mrE
How about contacting the proxmox staff, maybe they will create in the international support section a spanish section or upload the videos to a video platform and link them in a special thread here about additional tutorials in spanish. Thanks for your work. From statistics side, spanish is number 2, english is number 3, however, must IT people understand english, but native tutorials are great. I don't understand spanish, only a few words.

Reactions: mrE
Consult everyone, if you can help me many thanks

A taste is Luis and I am new to PMG and a bit advanced with Proxmox VE. But I have a problem with PMG. and it's the next
I have a Postfix server and I receive perfect mail implement the PMG Software make the configuration between both but I do not know where to make the configuration for reception since postfix sends the mail to PMG and PMG sends it correct, but when it sent to me, it receives the mail it is postfix when PMG should receive it. That is my big problem, I would appreciate if you can help me

Ya lo lei en varias oportunidades y aun no soluciono, me da error 550 al intentar recibir, mi servidor de correo es postfix

I hate that this is my first post and that this is one of the first threads I've looked at here. Many others will have the same experience.

DerDanilo... You're a ****.

Nobody gives a flying crap if you learned English. There's no world where limiting this sort of capability of any part of society is the right choice. Get off your not so high horse and get a clue please. If you don't know spanish or any other language then don't watch the spanish videos.

Also... hiding behind any stats that tell you that English is a "pretty common" language is exactly that... Hiding. If you're going to have an outlook on a particular subject then own it. Don't be a coward. Or... Understand that if you feel you have to hide you're doing it because you know you're wrong.

And yeah... I do feel it's like that. There's room on this world for more than one language.

And FYI... I only know one language.

I hate that this is my first post and that this is one of the first threads I've looked at here. Many others will have the same experience.

DerDanilo... You're a ****.

Nobody gives a flying crap if you learned English. There's no world where limiting this sort of capability of any part of society is the right choice. Get off your not so high horse and get a clue please. If you don't know spanish or any other language then don't watch the spanish videos.

Also... hiding behind any stats that tell you that English is a "pretty common" language is exactly that... Hiding. If you're going to have an outlook on a particular subject then own it. Don't be a coward. Or... Understand that if you feel you have to hide you're doing it because you know you're wrong.

And yeah... I do feel it's like that. There's room on this world for more than one language.

And FYI... I only know one language.

I don't know, why this escalated as such much. And I also don't understand, why this topic arises again, although it has already been cooled down.

From my point of view, the question was, if someone can contribute tutorials in Spanish. However, I also don't understand, why anyone from the Proxmox team responded, e.g. discussing the contribution, a link for the Spanish speaking users or (if there is a demand, as Spanish is also one of the most wide spread languages of the world) provide the possibility to have a Spanish subforum (maybe that's not welcome unless anyone from Proxmox also speaks Spanish because of maintaining the forum is their responsibility), but then maybe allow a Spanish User Group to be formed somewhere else and be linked for Spanish tutorials.

I also understand the opinion of DerDanilo, this is an Austrian product, so preferred supported international language is German (because of native speaking) and additional language to maintain (remember responsibility of the website owner!) is English as it's the agreed on international language (although others have more native speakers, but it's how the world currently works). Also IT, most commands, underlaying software (Debian), everything is primary in English, so that's the only thing, he wanted to mention, you should be able to arrange with the "default language" of IT and of the world, although there are still other languages, but if the decision is to support only native and the global "default language" English, that's the decision, the users need to live with. However, they are still able to form their own User Groups, but that's then independent from Proxmox as keeping the forum clean is their job, so they need also to be able to read, what's posted. Every additional language means additional effort, additional stuff to be able to maintain etc. Also it's easier for more users to follow questions, tutorials etc., if they are in English.

Reactions: DerDanilo
I agree everything should be initially provided in English if those are the choices made... that's fine. I only take issue with the negative response towards someone offering their time to provide a translation into another language.

The person who suggested that he could translate them to Spanish did not imply that they should then be used to start a spanish section of the forum, or hire spanish speaking moderators... anything of the sort. Only that there could be videos posted in spanish that people who do speak spanish and not English could then use to try to figure out the software.

In my opinion the idea that we should suppress (Oppress???) other languages in the name of "convenience" when the person knowing the other language has offered to provide the translation service is born of much more than "convenience".

Again... Just my opinion.

I'd rather have them available in all of the languages if someone who can translate is willing to do so for free.

Reactions: nyquist
I agree everything should be initially provided in English if those are the choices made... that's fine. I only take issue with the negative response towards someone offering their time to provide a translation into another language.

The person who suggested that he could translate them to Spanish did not imply that they should then be used to start a spanish section of the forum, or hire spanish speaking moderators... anything of the sort. Only that there could be videos posted in spanish that people who do speak spanish and not English could then use to try to figure out the software.

In my opinion the idea that we should suppress (Oppress???) other languages in the name of "convenience" when the person knowing the other language has offered to provide the translation service is born of much more than "convenience".

Again... Just my opinion.

I'd rather have them available in all of the languages if someone who can translate is willing to do so for free.

I believe, the answer shouldn't read such way. However, in the beginning of PMG getting Open Source, there were really stupid questions in the forum, wrong postings or questions in other language without any glue, which language it is and why they don't use e.g. Google Translator (or I prefer Deepl) for translating their question in English.

Sure, he asked, if he can upload videos in Spanish, best reaction would be to provide options from the side of Proxmox, e.g. as the one I suggested. Just posting Spanish videos in an English forum doesn't make sense at all.

So for sure, provide links to international user groups would be fine from the International section e.g.

Reactions: DerDanilo
I requested to have my posts deleted in this thread. I just don't get why people always get so angry in a forum. Those where my thoughts about that subject and I never intended to step on anyone's toes.

Closing words from me about this subject: it just does not make any sense to start supporting a language via official channels if there is no staff at the manufacturer who can handle that or if there is support staff that could handle communication. This gives wrong impressions to customers who then have the expectation to receive support in the language used in the manual or videos. In the IT world English is one of the most common languages and any IT personal should at least understand English to some level to be able to use the knowledge of the internet. This is also true for other languages of course but does not make sense with this forum currently I think, since it might not receive enough support. As mentioned somewhere above there were also quiet a view spam-ish posts with very basic questions in languages not commonly used in this forum.

Please let this subject be closed. I have no intension to talk about this again. Thanks.

Reactions: heutger
Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!