Installation problems

GPudit

May 22, 2020
Hello, everyone I'm trying to install Proxmox but I got an error that I can't solve. I hope you can help me regards.
Here is a picture to see it.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi.
I did created the installation media using rufus 3.10 and my motherboard is a MSI H77MA-G43 with an intel i3 3230 processor

Hi.
I did created the installation media using rufus 3.10 and my motherboard is a MSI H77MA-G43 with an intel i3 3230 processor

Proxmox does not get install when you use rufus in default mode, either try dd command in linux or use Etcher for windows.

As per proxmox documentation

Using Rufus
Rufus is a more lightweight alternative, but you need to use the DD mode to make it work. Download Rufus from https://rufus.ie/. Either install it or use the portable version. Select the destination drive and the Proxmox VE ISO file.
Once you Start you have to click No on the dialog asking to download a different version of GRUB. In the next dialog select the DD mode.

Hi t.lamprecht and ermanishchawla, tank you both for yours answers. I coulded solve the problem creating the media installation in DD mode on Rufus.
Again, tanks you both for taking care of my question.

Reactions: t.lamprecht

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!