Installation over network

torusJKL

Renowned Member
Jul 24, 2009
Hi

Has someone succesfully installed the Bare-Metal installation over the newtork with debootstrap or some other method?

I'm looking for a way to install Proxmox-VE on an Hetzner EQ4 server without having to order LARA.

Installing Debian and then changing the kernel did not work. The computer did not boot anymore.

Thanks

Hi

Has someone succesfully installed the Bare-Metal installation over the newtork with debootstrap or some other method?

I'm looking for a way to install Proxmox-VE on an Hetzner EQ4 server without having to order LARA.

Installing Debian and then changing the kernel did not work. The computer did not boot anymore.

Thanks

why is the server not booting? pls describe the hardware, disk controller, mainboard, cpu.

unfortunatelly I don't have all the details present.

This is what I know:
- Intel i7-920 Quad with HT
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 2x750GB HDD in RAID 1 (software raid)

Thanks

unfortunatelly I don't have all the details present.

This is what I know:
- Intel i7-920 Quad with HT
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 2x750GB HDD in RAID 1 (software raid)

Thanks

Softraid is not standard and will not work without manual work (see a lot of forum talks). But if you got Lenny running and the Proxmox VE Kernel does not boot its maybe another issue. unfortunately we have no i920 here, just waiting for a sponsor that we can add it in our test lab.

Did you ask already Hetzner why they do not provide support for Proxmox VE? We got several Hetzner customers asking us but I encourage them to ask Hetzner also - the more customers requesting the faster the will think about it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!