Installation guide for HP MicroServer Gen8

jeremy_fritzen

Nov 29, 2020
Hi!

I would like to install Proxmox on my HP MicroServer Gen8 (currently using ESXi).

I've been told that there are some compatibility issues between Proxmox and HP Microserver Gen8 (especially about the fan, which always runs at 100%).
Are there still those issues?
Is there a tutorial or a guide to install Proxmox on HP Microserver Gen8?

Thank you so much!

Hi,

I have one Gen8 too. Currently there are some ESXi VM's which needs to be migrated to my new Proxmox. Aftwards I can share my expirences with installation.

KR
Stephan

Reactions: jeremy_fritzen
Hi,

I have one Gen8 too. Currently there are some ESXi VM's which needs to be migrated to my new Proxmox. Aftwards I can share my expirences with installation.

KR
Stephan
Thanks!
Even if not all of your VMs have been migrated, are experiencing some issues about fan running at 100% all the time?

Thanks.
At the moment, I didn't install Proxmox yet. I prefer to have all information before starting anything.

Hi @SHE !

I still haven't install Proxmox so far.
Did you have any news about the fan issue between Proxmox and HP gen8?

Thanks a take care!

Hi,

sorry I sold my server because of a erplacement. No further investigation from my side. Main reason: Mem extension to a maximum of 16GB for Gen8.
KR
SHe

Thanks for your feedback!
Indeed, this memory limit is a real drawback compared to newer servers.
Thanks again and have fun with your new toy :)

Hi!
Just came to tell you That I finally installed Proxmox on my server!
FYI, using the official Proxmox ISO installer, it was very easy and worked out of the box.

Hi!
Just came to tell you That I finally installed Proxmox on my server!
FYI, using the official Proxmox ISO installer, it was very easy and worked out of the box.
Have you add hp repo and did you install any hp related driver ? Or just the prox 7.1 iso did config it all ...
thanks

I just installed Proxmox 7.1 and that's it. No extra driver to be installed.
Though, I disabled RAID controller and enabled AHCI controller.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!