installation failed to xfusion server

crypt5306

Oct 14, 2021
It gives an error when trying to install version 7.4.1 on an OEM server called xfusion. I've attached a picture of the error screen. I have also included the manufacturer's solution proposal as an attachment. My question is: Is the solution provided a safe and healthy solution? For example, will there be any problems after updating? Or does it create security and system vulnerability? What other problems may exist for now or in the future?

Attachments

• PrxErr.jpeg
    PrxErr.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Proxmox_commands.pdf
    628.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi, the solution involves simply changing drivers used for graphic processing (fbdev instead of glamoregl) for Proxmox, this means there is no vulnerability as simply the command assigns another library to do so. This is probably due to the checks performed by Proxmox' installer.

the steps provided are a workaround, similar to installing Windows Server with manual driver allocation instead of automatic installation; regarding updates there may be additional steps required to complete but the system should be stable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!