install stuck at 75% on "configuring smartmontools"

RadicalRingtail

Sep 27, 2023
hi! very new proxmox user here, installing it for the first time on a new system

currently i have an issue where the install is getting stuck on this specific part of the installation process and doesnt seem to be moving

i configured it to be installed on 2 SATA SSDs in zfs RAID 1, im also using a nvidia card as a VGA output for this, dont know if that can cause any issues with the install process

thank you in advance for any help on this!

Attachments

• IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 9
It might be the case that your installation medium (USB stick?) is corrupt -- please make sure that this is not the case.

If this does not help, could you press CTRL+ALT+F2 when the installer gets stuck and post a screenshot? The screen may contain some error messages or other helpful information.

Hi,

Did you solve this by any chance as I've got the exact safe issue ‍♂️

I got a picture as mentioned above if that helps.

Thanks,
Andy

PXL_20231126_190826315.jpg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!