Install proxmox as controller only

gucky

Jul 19, 2010
www.w3-creative.de
Hello,

I have an old amd geode PC and want to install on this PC the webinterface with the controller of the proxmox System. Can how can i do this?

greetings

gucky

hi, the webinterface is really running on pve servers, but you can USE it from any computer on any systems, you just have to reach the server's IP address with a common web browser (you will need javascript and java enabled to use all features, though)
at the moment, some (advanced?) commands are NOT available on the web interface, you'll have to use a ssh console for them
Marco

i think you do not know or understand pve implementation
each pve server has its web interface
to have a web interface you have to install a pve server
then from remote pcs you can access each server's web interface
(if you have more pve server in cluster, each member server's web interface will show cluster vm, also on other members)

there are no i386 packages for webinterface...

see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_installation_(Video)

Marco

Hi Marco,

Yes, this was my last understanding how pve works. But i wasn't sure if i understand die installation right. I thought maybe i can cut the gui from the rest of the installation.
This is mot possible. ok.

thanks.

greetings

Gucky

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!