Install problem with Proxmox 2.1

greavette

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2012
I've burned the .iso to a CD and put the CD into my computer. I can see the Proxmox spash screen that says to press enter to start the install. I can see a Boot: prompt as well.

But I can't boot into the Install? I'm assuming it's because of hardware problems...but in case it isn't, do I need to do anything at the boot: prompt?

Thank you.

I've burned the .iso to a CD and put the CD into my computer. I can see the Proxmox spash screen that says to press enter to start the install. I can see a Boot: prompt as well.

But I can't boot into the Install? I'm assuming it's because of hardware problems...but in case it isn't, do I need to do anything at the boot: prompt?

Thank you.

Hit <return>??

I pressed the Enter key and an Installer screen briefly shows, press F2 for verbose mode. My CD then automatically ejects and my computer automatically reboots.

I had thought that maybe something has to be typed at the Boot prompt to make the install work. If press Enter is the answer, and I've done that with my computer rebootng as a result I'm guessing the Install is failing.

Pressing F2 for Verbose mode doesn't stop my computer from automatically rebooting.

Any ideas why it would auto-reboot?

Thanks.

My apologies....seems I had a bad image of the install. I've downloaded the image again and this time confirmed the checksum. I'm now past the reboot problem I had and I'm installing Proxmox.

Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!