information

Fabio

Renowned Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hello, I'm a new member of this forum, I installed Proxmox and wanted to have the information. And 'it required to activate the service to the comunity to 4.99 for use Promox?
else, there is a forum Proxmox Italy?

Fine.
so if you do not subscribe to any subscription continues to operate.
But if I want to subscribe for COMMUNITY what it's labeled for CPU?
Example I install Proxmox on my server and active subscription COMMUNITY, the server can virtualize all PCs that want?
That 'the subscription applies to machine hardware or virtualized?

Fine.
so if you do not subscribe to any subscription continues to operate.
Yes - Proxmox continues to operate. only caveat - it uses the no-subscription repository and you get a pop-up on every login.

Example I install Proxmox on my server and active subscription COMMUNITY, the server can virtualize all PCs that want?
That 'the subscription applies to machine hardware or virtualized?

It is hard to figure out what you mean by this (english), so i am guessing a potential answer based on my understanding of piecing together the information contained in your sentence.

• A subscription applies to a Proxmox-Node.
  • A Proxmox Node is always the server you install Proxmox On via your proxmox.iso (or Debian.iso + Proxmox on top of that)
  • You typically would not run a virtual Machine (VM) with Proxmox inside this VM, on top of a physical Proxmox Server (unless you do i for testing) - and you most likely also would refrain from applying a licence to it.
  • You can host as many Virtual Machines (VM) or Containers (LXC) as you feel like on your proxmox-node (regardless of subscription)
  • If you go with "community Subscription" and you create a Proxmox-Cluster of multiple Proxmox-nodes, then you need to have a community subscription for every of those nodes joined into the Cluster in question.

But if I want to subscribe for COMMUNITY what it's labeled for CPU?
Maybe this post answers your questions:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/paid-support.24327/#post-122414

Hope it helps.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!