Imported Windows 10 from ESXI

masteryoda

Jun 28, 2020
hi

I have successfully imported Windows 10 from esxi to proxmox ve by following the guide

i did this to make it to boot

sed -i 's/scsi/ide/g' /etc/pve/qemu-server/130.conf

i've installed all the drivers and enabled QEMU as well.

how do i change this disk to SCSI ? will changing it improve performance, as now it shows as an IDE ATA device.

Attachments

• proxmoxwin10-02.png
    proxmoxwin10-02.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 12
  • proxmoxwin10-01.png
    proxmoxwin10-01.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 13
hi,

how do i change this disk to SCSI ? will changing it improve performance, as now it shows as an IDE ATA devic

shutdown the VM, detach the drive in the resources menu, select the unused drive and press "Edit" and you will be able to select a different bus and add it back.

hi,

shutdown the VM, detach the drive in the resources menu, select the unused drive and press "Edit" and you will be able to select a different bus and add it back.
thanks, did that & i now the vm wont boot

if i reset it back to IDE it boots. tried SCSI, SATA

Attachments

• proxmoxwin10-03.png
    proxmoxwin10-03.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
go to Options -> Boot order and select the correct disk

can you post your vm config? qm config VMID

When you change the boot disk back to IDE and attach an additional disk (1G or whatever) which uses SCSI and then start the VM, does the device manager show unknown devices which require a driver?

When you change the boot disk back to IDE and attach an additional disk (1G or whatever) which uses SCSI and then start the VM, does the device manager show unknown devices which require a driver?
you are right

this is what i see

i've installed all the drivers Virtio drivers

But if i choose SATA OR VIRTIO i'm able to see the new hard disk

Attachments

• proxmoxwin10-04.png
    proxmoxwin10-04.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Now install the driver from the VirtIO ISO. Then you should be able to change the bootdisk to SCSI.

i installed and it booted but i get a BSOD during boot

only IDE works for now.. not sure why

Attachments

• proxmoxwin10-05.png
    proxmoxwin10-05.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 7

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!