ignore duplicate vmid xxx in pool

badbod

Sep 21, 2012
I deleted an OpenVZ container and created a KVM, which I noted got the vmid of the recently deleted OVZ. Now I am getting a cron email daily with the following.

/etc/cron.daily/pve:
user config - ignore duplicate vmid 'xxx' in pool etc..

How would I fix this?

Regards

I am the only user (root) so never even thought of that. I don't mind just editing the file, if I know where it is. (.shadow?)

Is it not a bug? if it is then consider it reported :)

I must say this is the meanest, sleekest VM OS, out of the many I have tried. Even the fast clock for KVM (2.0) was fixed fast. You guys are awsome.
Perfomance is massive,
Regards

I am the only user (root) so never even thought of that. I don't mind just editing the file, if I know where it is. (.shadow?)

/etc/pve/user.cfg

Is it not a bug? if it is then consider it reported :)

Please can you provide/describe a way to reproduce the problem? - else it is quite impossible to fix it. Also, It is a good idea to file it at bugzilla.proxmox.com

Hi,
I have 3 pools, containers, virtualmachines, personal.

I deleted a VZ that was in pool containers with vmid 103, then created a KVM in pool virtualmachines which was assigned vmid 103. that is when I started getting the duplicate vmid warnings for vmid 103.

checking the /etc/pve/user.cfg file there was indeed a duplicate vmid entry in both pools. I have removed the entry from the containers pool now.

I shall post at bugzilla.proxmox.com if you think it is a good idea.

Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!