idea: make proxmox installer more simple in design

eth

Feb 24, 2016
Hello!

I'm using a very old KVM system to access my datacenter and I've noticed that the proxmox installation interface is very sluggish:
1577789487787.png

Perhaps it's possible to remove all gradients (or redo the interfaces in ncurses?). Also, the window barely fits into a 640x480 kvm window.
Also, I have a few bugs - when I click back and then return to the next screen, then some form inputs are reset (like the IP address for instance).
The "tab" button doesn't always work (on the EULA screen for example). Since my KVM mouse interface is very bad (it clicks on a different location rather than the one I chose), I have to rely on my keyboard to input data. Perhaps it's also possible to highlight the buttons in a different color when they are "tab"-ed to? As you can see in my screenshot, I can barely see the gray dots around the buttons due to KVM video compression, so I don't know which button is selected.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!