[SOLVED] ID already exist on a removed host

grobs

Apr 1, 2016
France
Hello,

I recently removed a node from my Proxmox 4 cluster.
Now, I'm having toubles trying to create containers reusing ID that already existed in the recently removed node ("proxmox-07'").

Code:
# pct create 131 [...]
CT 131 already exists on node 'proxmox-07'

But pvecm nodes confirms that this node is not existing any more in the cluster:

Code:
# pvecm nodes
Membership information
----------------------
    Nodeid      Votes Name
         1          1 proxmox-01 (local)
         2          1 proxmox-02
         3          1 proxmox-03
         4          1 proxmox-04
         7          1 proxmox-05
         5          1 proxmox-06

Note: I still see the previously removed "proxmox-07" node in the Proxmox web interface.

What can I do to properly remove the old node and reuse those falsy existing IDs?

Regards

Last edited:
Code:
ls /etc/pve/nodes/*/lxc/
Please check if you find any vmid.conf there.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, the configuration files are there, in a "proxmox-07" directory.
Can I safely remove this directory?

If the CT/VM disks of those machines don't exist, then there should be no problem to remove them. But if the disks exist, then a move of the config file to the a host with access to those disks might quicker and keeps any leftovers disks away.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!