[SOLVED] I loose the access to pmg web mgmt console

Hello good afternoon I loose the access to pmg web mgmt console, after of the daily routine for select the valid mails and block the spam ones at quarantine trap, and its restart now I can't see (by the netstat -untap command) actually the related socket for the TCP 8006 port through listening at its binding IPv4 address or at the any IPv4 address (0.0.0.0), as shown in the next image...
1707261074026.png

As additional information the subscription is next to expires, Could it be the root cause?

Greetings

pmgproxy is listening - see the '::8006' line (if possible please paste command outputs as text (in code blocks) else it's not possible to quote from them)

so that's not the reason - you can check the journal for information of what might be wrong

As additional information the subscription is next to expires, Could it be the root cause?
no the subscription is not relevant for the functioning of the software - only for getting updates from the enterprise repository (and to the Enterprise support portal for Basic and above)

what are the postfix listeners on port 5025?

Reactions: JuanCAguilar
pmgproxy is listening - see the '::8006' line (if possible please paste command outputs as text (in code blocks) else it's not possible to quote from them)

so that's not the reason - you can check the journal for information of what might be wrong

no the subscription is not relevant for the functioning of the software - only for getting updates from the enterprise repository (and to the Enterprise support portal for Basic and above)

what are the postfix listeners on port 5025?
Thaks for your response Stoiko!

That's correct the TCP 5025 is the port for the outgoing mail, I mean about the IPV6 local host address ( ::8006 ) with the listening socket for the pmg proxy. So friend! How or where do I configure the listening IPv4 for the socket to the TCP 8006 port?

Greetings.

Last edited:

That's correct the TCP 5025 is the port for the outgoing mail, I mean about the IPV6 local host address ( ::8006 ) with the listening socket for the pmg proxy. So friend! How or where do I configure the listening IPv4 for the socket to the TCP 8006 port?

Greetings
Stoiko thaks a lot for your attention.

I've found that the issue origin was generated internally, just yesterday was added BY the datacenter staff a SPF record associated to the host's A record PMG Proxy. It seems that its IPv4 socket works in an ephemeral scheme through the IPv4 to IPv6 tunneling, cause once I tried the connection by the IPv4 address instead its FQDN, so the connection at last could be established. I don't know exactly how DNS doesn't resolve the PMG Proxy address.

tcp6 0 0 X.0.0.X:8006 10.0.1.225:52251 ESTABLISHED 1254/pmgproxy worke

Greetings

Last edited:

Greetings
Stoiko thaks a lot for your attention.

I've found that the issue origin was generated internally, just yesterday was added BY the datacenter staff a SPF record associated to the host's A record PMG Proxy. It seems that its IPv4 socket works in an ephemeral scheme through the IPv4 to IPv6 tunneling, cause once I tried the connection by the IPv4 address instead its FQDN the connection at last could be established. I don't know exactly how DNS doesn't resolve the PMG Proxy address.

tcp6 0 0 X.0.0.X:8006 10.0.1.225:52251 ESTABLISHED 1254/pmgproxy worke

Greetings

seems that its IPv4 socket works in an ephemeral scheme through the IPv4 to IPv6 tunneling
that's correct

I mean about the IPV6 local host address ( ::8006 ) with the listening socket for the pmg proxy. So friend! How or where do I configure the listening IPv4 for the socket to the TCP 8006 port?
by default pmgproxy binds to the wildcard-address with the option to listen on both v4 and v6 (this shows as :::8006 in ss output ...) - this works quite well - if you really need to adapt that see:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pm...mgproxy_proxmox_mail_gateway_api_proxy_daemon
(LISTEN_IP)

I hope this explains it

Reactions: JuanCAguilar
that's correct

by default pmgproxy binds to the wildcard-address with the option to listen on both v4 and v6 (this shows as :::8006 in ss output ...) - this works quite well - if you really need to adapt that see:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pm...mgproxy_proxmox_mail_gateway_api_proxy_daemon
(LISTEN_IP)

I hope this explains it
Thanks a lot for the tech reference Stoiko

That's sure! It works fine, I could see. To close the case, how is it possible?
The issue has been solved.

That's sure! It works fine, I could see. To close the case, how is it possible?
click on the 'Edit Thread' button above your first post - and select 'SOLVED' as prefix (for the next time - I've closed this one :)

glad it worked out for you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!