I have one server with two NVME drives. What is the best practice on making them a shared storage between Proxmox servers?

FSNaval

Jan 13, 2024
Hello dear Proxmox forum members,

I am planning to create two Proxmox servers, server1 (low spec) and server2 (high spec), both OS on ssd drives.

On server2, I will install two 1TB NVME drives. These drives I want to unite them and make them available as a shared storage between the two servers. What is the best way of doing this?

At first, I thought of using zfs-raid1, but later I realised that zfs cannot be shared.

So, what do you propose I should do for merging these two drives and making them accessible to both servers as a shared storage? I want to use these drives, as they are fast and will make migrating VMs between the two Proxmox servers faster than using SSD drives.

Thank you all beforehand for your answers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!