I get internal server error.. :s

zimzim

Oct 24, 2008
After a easy upgrade i rebooted and set forth to test the new goodies you had added :) but i seem to be getting a internal server error every now and then .. any ideas about this?

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
[5094]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: invalid cluster ID '' at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/ConfigServer.pm line 1601.
Apache Embperl 2.2.0 [Thu Oct 30 10:59:08 2008]
</H1>

well thats the thing .. i only have one physical server but it says:

Code:
local node '81.209.23.35' not part of cluster

wierd ... i cant seem to get the error any more .. i was however clicking randomly about on the server when i first started getting it, then it came up on the vmid's network and option tabs.

spoke to hastily ... i did get it again for a few min on al the network and option tabs, then it went away after a few tries and it is working w/o problem again.

ok, I guess you use serveral open browser windows? (I can reproduce the bug if I use several windows and switch between them).

- Dietmar

aperantly i can get the error if i click about randomly it seems in the web interface for a few min ... network.htm and options.htm .. and if i wait a few sec it "goes away" and start to work normally again.

Just uploaded a fix for that bug - please update with:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

- Dietmar

I updated after seeing this thread, but now I'm getting the same error message as the original poster anytime I try to make 'hardware' changes to a VM. I also have a single proxmox VE host (no cluster).

I got the same error when I select my VM, Hardware tab, CD-ROM drives, Media and when I select "Drivers-0-3107.iso", apply:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

[3251]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: invalid cluster ID '' at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/ConfigServer.pm line 1601.

Apache Embperl 2.2.0 [Wed Nov 5 10:54:33 2008]

It does the same for any iso image I try to launch by this way... Really anoying...

Is it not possible to edit posts ??

It was to add the fact that my installation is up to date...

Edit: Works Great ;)

Last edited:
I got the same error when I select my VM, Hardware tab, CD-ROM drives, Media and when I select "Drivers-0-3107.iso", apply:

It does the same for any iso image I try to launch by this way... Really anoying...

I confirm this bug, we have a fix, hopefully available today.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!