I am lazy. How can I automate some work like creating identical VPS but different IPs

torontob

Oct 18, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I want to test proxmox abilities and my server hardware abilities. I want to launch 50 instances of CentOS or better yet install my own CentOS one one instance and install my add-ons and then want to mirror copy that instance into 50 more.

Is that possible?

The only catch is that of course I want each next instance loading to load with another IP address as their eht0 (incremental).

Guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: I am lazy. How can I automate some work like creating identical VPS but different

Anything guys?

Re: I am lazy. How can I automate some work like creating identical VPS but different

nothing built in, just write a script to do this (vzrestore, vzctl etc. are the commands you should use).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!