I am having problems deleting partitions in Proxmox

erasmo0284

Jul 26, 2024
I have an 8TB SSD that shows 4 Harddrive partitions inside the SSD. I have used Fdisk, but the disk is not mounted and I cannot use Parted. I connected the SSD to a Windows PC and deleted the partition, but it still shows in Proxmox.

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 11
Hi!

At first glance it looks as if you have successfully deleted the partitions anyway!

The only SSD (a Samsung 870 QVO) doesn't seem to list any partitions (there's no /dev/sde$NUMBER, which would point at partitions -- /dev/sde is the device itself)[0].

Correct me if I'm wrong -- but you seem to have quite some storage devices built into your server (/dev/sd{a,b,c,d} -- each 8TB Seagate spinning disks)?

[0] https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/apcs04.en.html

Last edited:
I already removed the disk from Proxmox, now I'm trying to fix the issue in windows but in Windows OS, it shows the same thing.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!