HTTPS client certificate authentication

hevisko

Renowned Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi there,

Using the new Proxmox 3.0, where/how could I import/set client certificates to limit the world wide access to proxmox servers in the wild to only my own PCs/browsers with my personal private keys?

Which is problematic when I'm behind ADSL lines, 3G phones and WiFi hotspots that change every so often ;(

Which is the last resort as it means adding extra software/service to the host I do not want as I wanted to shut down SSH too --- have a console/shell through the ProxMox interface, so don't need extra service unless I really need it.

Which is the last resort as it means adding extra software/service to the host I do not want as I wanted to shut down SSH too --- have a console/shell through the ProxMox interface, so don't need extra service unless I really need it.

The other way would be to install Apache as proxy, but I agree that without extra service would be preferrable.

Is CCA already possible in the latest Proxmox? Could this be feature request?

The other way would be to install Apache as proxy, but I agree that without extra service would be preferrable.

Is CCA already possible in the latest Proxmox? Could this be feature request?

pls file an enhancement request on https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

not sure if a developer picks this up soon.

not sure if a developer picks this up soon.
I don't know in what language this part of the software is written. Since this is Open Source, it would be nice to know where we might hack this ourselves.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!