HP Z420 workstation

Jack Malone

Apr 5, 2018
Was wondering if anyone is using Proxmox on an HP Z420 workstation. I have one with Xeon 8 core CPU with 32GB Ram and want to run proxmox on it for running a few virtual servers with a mix of windows and Linux.
Did you run into any problems and how did you solve them?

thanks

Jack

I got a proxmox cluster running on 3x HP Z400 workstations working good. So go nuts! :D

PS. I noticed I didn't get full speeds on SATA SSDs and realized that the onboard SATA was only 3gb.. might wanna check that DS.

I got a proxmox cluster running on 3x HP Z400 workstations working good. So go nuts! :D

PS. I noticed I didn't get full speeds on SATA SSDs and realized that the onboard SATA was only 3gb.. might wanna check that DS.
I know this is an older thread, but what version of Proxmox did you install and did you do it bare-metal. Thank you in advance for any assistance. I have a z420 just like the OP that I'm thinking of using.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!