[SOLVED] how to wipe nvme

fahadshery

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

I have the following 1TB nvme that I have setup as a LVM for the VMs:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.33.18.png

When I try to wipe the disk I get the following Error:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.33.29.png

The reason I wish to wipe it because I can see there are quite a few raw disks on this NVME and I want to remove them all to start over:
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.35.11.png

I can't remove the raw disks from here either...getting the following error:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.38.07.png
what do I need to do?

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.35.11.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.35.11.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
hi,

you're probably getting the error message because the LVs on the disk are still activated for some reason.

if you're absolutely sure that you don't need anything on the disk anymore, then you can try running wipefs --force --all /dev/nvme0n1 or sgdisk --zap-all /dev/nvme0 on the web shell.

hope this helps

hi,

you're probably getting the error message because the LVs on the disk are still activated for some reason.

if you're absolutely sure that you don't need anything on the disk anymore, then you can try running wipefs --force --all /dev/nvme0n1 or sgdisk --zap-all /dev/nvme0 on the web shell.

hope this helps
command works but the data is still there

Another restart seems to have worked. Able to initialise the disk.
What's best LVM or LVM-thin for VMs?

Another restart seems to have worked. Able to initialise the disk.
What's best LVM or LVM-thin for VMs?
you can mark the thread [SOLVED] if the solution worked

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!