[TUTORIAL] How to setup? Iredmail behind the PMG, which is installed on public IP PVE.

akus

Dec 24, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to get access of my Iredmail server through PMG to public access.
I want to access my redmail on public IP with specific port
I'm able to access it on iredmail server and LAN (Within PVE all VM's).
PVE is assigned with public IP. 182.69.X.X
PMG is private IP 172.16.0.120
Iredmail Server path 172.16.0.50/mail
I want to access the mail service through PMG to public ip.
I'm new for proxmox. Could any one help me!!!!!

Hi Tom,

I've gone through the documentation. I'm still stuck on the same situation. I'm looking for virtualmin solution. PGM is little depth for my knowledge.

Again, before we can give answers, you need to ask your your clear question first.

Hi Tom,
Sorry I couldn't make myself clear in question.
I have a setup something like given below.

Structure:-
I'm running a mail server Iredadmin in Proxmox virtual environment. This mail server is accessible throughout the LAN of VMs (and PMG as a vm inside PVE). So I can ping through PMG and set up. My mail server to PMG as a relay.

Configuration: PMG, PVE, Iredmail configured and connected.
Requirement: My PVE has Public static IP access, so the VM. Therefore, I want to use my mail server through PMG to public Internet access on WAN.

Network details:-
Mail server : within PVE it's accessible by 172.16.0.X (private IP)
PMG : 172.16.0.Y (private IP)
PVE : 182.69.119.XYZ (Public IP)

My question is how Can I access my mail server webmail login page on public IP through pmg?? So my mail server can be available for public internet use?

Please suggest what I need to do!! If I want my configuration works or alternate solution to achieve. If anyone faced the same issue in past!!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!