How to Send Link to Attachment Quarantine via Notification

Jun 10, 2021
Maryland, USA
I configured PMG as follows:

1) Move all emails with an attachment to the Attachment Quarantine.
2) Send a notification to the recipient that an email with an attachment was quarantined.

All works. I would like to include a link to the Attachment Quarantine in the notification. How can I do this?

I don't see a macro that would include the link.

pmg-macros.PNG

Reactions: Grille
All works. I would like to include a link to the Attachment Quarantine in the notification. How can I do this?
currently there is no fitting macro - the rationale is that it seems odd - to put one mail into quarantine just to send out another mail to notify the person about the first mail

the users can use the link from a previous daily spamreport to access their quarantine

else consider just removing the attachement (and put it into attachment quarantine) and send on the original mail

I hope this helps!

currently there is no fitting macro - the rationale is that it seems odd - to put one mail into quarantine just to send out another mail to notify the person about the first mail

(Hi all PMG members!) I'm also looking for this option. It is not odd. I would like to quarantine ALL outside attachments and work only with links.

e.g. We get an email to info@domain.com: 5MB file - mail is reading 20 different users. So 20x mailboxes are 5MB bigger. And then folks forwards email and same story ...

We would like to receive (and send) tiny email to user with links.

It can be done btw:
RULE: Remove attachment and copy to quarantine
RULE: Add disclamer ("Outside mail, be carefull, blablabla, login to domain.com:8006/quarantine") and allowing ldap login will do

But this is not user friendly. And there is functionality in PMG already: every midnight I get "Please use the web interface (CLICK, link to api with active token) to manage your spam quarantine.". We will just need it as macro in every notification/remove atts/disclamer ...

Is it possible? Please.

Reactions: Grille and Iso

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!