[TUTORIAL] How to run PVE 7 on a Raspberry Pi

I think it would work if there was a way to pass-through the host PCie bus, but it is only possible if the host CPU has an IOMMU that is only present on AMD-V or Intel-VT (?) I'm not sure, but that's my explanation from what I've read on the internet ...

I'm trying to get ConBeeII working on a Debian 11.2 arm64 VM on the Pi, but I can't get passthrough to work, it doesn't show any other USB device in the VM either.
Hi, i have the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Thanks very much for this excellent tutorial,,,, Pimox7 was installed on RPi4 with no issue and is now added to Datacenter Cluster.
Only issue is opening the screen to create a ZFS the following error was received...

Code:
command '/sbin/zpool list -HpPLo name,size,alloc,free,frag,dedup,health' failed: exit code 1 (500)

Did I miss something in the tutorial about ZFS...?

Hello everyone !

Thanks for the guide, i´ve got Proxmox running on Nanopi R4S, but i couldn't find or make any VM or CT suitable for it.

Any suggestion on this ?

Is there a chance to get pve-zsync package for pimox7? ZFS works for me and I want to easily sync VMs between my 2 RPI4s.

Hi everyone, great tutorial. I'm currently trying to deploy containers to my RBD Storage (Ceph) on PIMOX7, but I don't really get it to work. I've read something about it and I think i have to customize my kernel-. Is that right? Can some one help me to get this done. I've already tried to crosscompile my own optimized kernel but it doesn't work with it.
I'm facing the same issue. Would love to use RBD disks for VMs/CTs

I installed on my pi4B, and it messed up my home assistant. But no worry. I have HA config backup.
My problem is the fact that now 2 services are failing:
```
root@hass:/home/pi# systemctl --state=failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● apparmor.service loaded failed failed Load AppArmor profiles
● zfs-load-module.service loaded failed failed Install ZFS kernel module

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.
2 loaded units listed.

[1]
root@hass:/home/pi# systemctl status zfs-load-module.service
● zfs-load-module.service - Install ZFS kernel module
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zfs-load-module.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-06-06 19:38:59 EAT; 6min ago
Process: 376 ExecStart=/sbin/modprobe zfs (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 376 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 18ms

Jun 06 19:38:59 hass systemd[1]: Starting Install ZFS kernel module...
Jun 06 19:38:59 hass modprobe[376]: modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.21-v8+
Jun 06 19:38:59 hass systemd[1]: zfs-load-module.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 06 19:38:59 hass systemd[1]: zfs-load-module.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 06 19:38:59 hass systemd[1]: Failed to start Install ZFS kernel module.

[2]
root@hass:/home/pi# systemctl status apparmor.service
● apparmor.service - Load AppArmor profiles
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apparmor.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-06-06 19:39:07 EAT; 7min ago
Docs: man:apparmor(7)
https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/wikis/home/
Process: 382 ExecStart=/lib/apparmor/apparmor.systemd reload (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 382 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CPU: 16.221s

Jun 06 19:39:06 hass apparmor.systemd[495]: /sbin/apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "chromium". Profile does not conform to protocol
Jun 06 19:39:06 hass apparmor.systemd[495]: /sbin/apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lightdm/lightdm-guest-session". Profile does not conform to protocol
Jun 06 19:39:06 hass apparmor.systemd[536]: /sbin/apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "/usr/sbin/cups-browsed". Profile does not conform to protocol
Jun 06 19:39:06 hass apparmor.systemd[507]: /sbin/apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "lxc-container-default". Profile does not conform to protocol
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass apparmor.systemd[538]: /sbin/apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "/usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf". Profile does not conform to protocol
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass apparmor.systemd[382]: Error: At least one profile failed to load
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass systemd[1]: apparmor.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass systemd[1]: apparmor.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass systemd[1]: Failed to start Load AppArmor profiles.
Jun 06 19:39:07 hass systemd[1]: apparmor.service: Consumed 16.221s CPU time.

It would be nice to at least get Pimox to run. The only issue so far is this missing module.

But why is it that everything it installs now makes AppArmor to fail? Is this something someone has encountered? Is there someone running Pimox and Home Assistant Supervised on a RPI4B?

Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!