How to route VPS traffic via host server interface?

postcd

Sep 16, 2013
Hello, i have host server and KVM guest Linux CentOS 5.11 VPS. ...... host server has one IP assigned + gateway IP ...... I bought additional one IP (/32), this IP dont have gateway and it is on very different subnet than my host server ...... When i asked server provider how to use that IP on my VPS without gateway IP he told me "You have to route the traffic via your host interface." ...... Please how can i do it exactly? Please any tutorial?

Thanks, I finished reading it, but i dont understand how to apply in my case. Would be thankfull for an example on what to do.

I don`t think it gone work this way. Its only example not working configuration for everyone.

Try to add this line to your vmbr0: post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/vmbr0/proxy_arp

I don`t think it gone work this way. Its only example not working configuration for everyone. Try to add this line to your vmbr0: post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/vmbr0/proxy_arp
That did not worked, i also tried to add this line to eth0 after vps reboot and networks service restart on host server, VPS ping 8.8.8.8 is 100% packet loos network service restart on host server:
root@kvm:/etc/network# /etc/init.d/networking restart Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re-enable some interfaces ... (warning). Reconfiguring network interfaces...done.
This is current network interfaces file on host server: http://pastebin.com/5a1LGNzq Please how to change it so routed configuration works to route VPS traffic? Thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!