How to resize storage

Hi,
be sure that your 1TB-disk is not used (I assume it's the storage test)
1a. take a look with "pvs","vgs"+"lvs"
1. Delete the storage test
2. change the partitiontype from sdb1 to 8e (lvm).
3. do an "pvcreate /dev/sdb1"
3. extend your VG with "vgextend pve /dev/sdb1
4. look with pvs + vgs
5. extend your LVs.

But you don't have any security due an failed hdd!!

Udo

Ok, I use LVM, and it working :D
[h=3]LVM Groups with Local Backing[/h]In this configuration, physical block devices (which can be DRBD devices) are used as the physical volumes for LVM logical volume storage. Before you can store VM´s this way, you first need to configure LVM2 using the console. Full management is not possible through the web interface at this time
This is a three step procedure (I just plugged in a 8 GB USB Stick for demonstration, recognized as /dev/sdb on my box)

1. Physically install all devices you wish to import into a volume group
  2. Define those physical devices as LVM physical volumes (storage that can be used by LVM volume groups.
First create the physical volume (pv):
proxmox-ve:~# pvcreate /dev/sdb1
Physical volume "/dev/sdb1" successfully created
proxmox-ve:~#Second, create a volume group (vg):
proxmox-ve:~# vgcreate usb-stick /dev/sdb1
Volume group "usb-stick" successfully created
proxmox-ve:~#And finally: Add the LVM Group to the storage list via the web interface:

"Storage name: usb", "Base storage: Existing volume groups", "Volume Group Name: usb-stick"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!