How to Reinstall VPS?

kotakomputer

Renowned Member
May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.proxmoxindo.com
We use OpenVZ Web Panel and now try to use Proxmoz, but unfortunately there is no REINSTALL VPS at least in the Admin menu.
I hope Proxmox:
- Provide REINSTALL VPS in the Admin menu
- Provide option (yes and no) to give Client capability to Reinstall their own VPS

I suggest Proxmox team take a look at least on OpenVZ Web Panel, or the best SolusVM. This will give you an idea any feature that already implemented into other Web UI.

Note: If I want to alter the Web UI code then what kind of tools do I need? Is it GPL right?

Reinstall is very2 important feature. This will give Admin and User to reinstall their VPS, especially for Client can reinstall w/o disturb Admin 24 hours.
Backup/restore is not same as Reinstall, because reinstall mean recreate the VPS from scratch.

This reinstall feature has been applied into SolusVM an OpenVZ Web Panel. I attach their screen shoot from my DS for reference.

reinstall_vps.jpg

I also need this feature and have already postet this in another thread. It would be very great if this would be added to the 'todo' list of proxmox. Backup/Restore is not working for customers until i give them too much rights and with these rights they can delete/add/restore also all other backups.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This is the only reason I still have to pay for SolusVM. I would contribute ProxmoxVE rather than paying SolusVM if this function exists.

I don't understand what "reinstall" means in this thread.
If from scratch, just delete the vm and recreate from the template (and loose your data)
If with some configuration (i.e. networking), what about install the vps, configure, do a backup stored in a different location (or set a backup storage for that) so you are ready to remove the vps and restore from that "base" backup?
I'm curious, thanks a lot

I don't understand what "reinstall" means in this thread.
If from scratch, just delete the vm and recreate from the template (and loose your data)
If with some configuration (i.e. networking), what about install the vps, configure, do a backup stored in a different location (or set a backup storage for that) so you are ready to remove the vps and restore from that "base" backup?
I'm curious, thanks a lot

Here you are;

Reinstall is very2 important feature. This will give Admin and User to reinstall their VPS, especially for Client can reinstall w/o disturb Admin 24 hours.
Backup/restore is not same as Reinstall, because reinstall mean recreate the VPS from scratch.

Yes, that's exactly what I don't understand... vps = OpenVZ container, that is created from a template, so "recreate" a VPS is easy, in what is your feature request better? What steps will I avoid with "reinstall" comparing with "create" (now I have to create a container, select the template, disk space, ram, connectivity...)?

Yes, that's exactly what I don't understand... vps = OpenVZ container, that is created from a template, so "recreate" a VPS is easy, in what is your feature request better? What steps will I avoid with "reinstall" comparing with "create" (now I have to create a container, select the template, disk space, ram, connectivity...)?

Service providers like us, would like not to give permission to "create ct" for users. Besides, best functionality of re-install is we don't have to define the HW resource limits again and again just change the vz template and re-build; voila!

Hi,
I will like to have reinstall options to ! shame that there is no option for this ...
Best regards for admins

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!