[SOLVED] How to delete old VM entries

Erik Roderwald

May 14, 2019
Hi,

as a beginner I had to reinstall all our servers (3 machines). So what I did was the following:

I backed up the existing VMs and moved the files to the storage of another node within the cluster.
I removed the VMs from the node.
I shut down the node.
I removed the node of the cluster: pvecm delnode node
I reinstalled pve from the scratch and joined the cluster again.

I moved the backup files back to the node and restored them.

Worked very fine. Now everything is like it should be. So we can start to use the machines. Only one little detail is annoying. Doing all this with the last node I forgot to remove the VMs before reinstalling. So now the entries are still there. I couldn't restore the backups to the original place since one of the reasons to do all this was to change the storages from lvm to zfs. Now if I try to delete the old VM entries I get that the file doesn't exist so they can't be deleted. It looks like this:

cluster.png

How can I get rid of the entries 100 and 101?

bye

Erik

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!