how to configure proxmox to be accessible from internet

luis.inagaki

May 14, 2019
I am using a proxmox 5.4 version and they are already installed and working on ip address.
But, I desire to be accessible from internet by my domain. From local network using my domain is accessible.
I done that configuration:
- edited /etc/hosts
- https certification (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPS_Certificate_Configuration_(Version_4.x,_5.0_and_5.1)
- edited /etc/default/pveproxy

Nothing that configuration worked.
Someone have a step-by-step to be accessible from internet the proxmox webgui?

You can't magically make this happen by configuring Proxmox. You have to configure the Internet. One way to do that:
  1. Obtain an public IP from your ISP or hosting provider.
  2. Register a domain name with some public registrar (e.g. GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc). Tell them where your DNS is hosted, or use their service.
  3. Configure your domain's DNS to point some name to the IP you got in step 1.
  4. Profit!
There are other ways. For example, you can host a server on your private LAN by using a dynamic DNS service (e.g. DynDNS) and port-forwarding on your router (assuming your ISP's terms allow this).

I already have public IP and DNS to resolving name on the internet and is working.
Moreover, I am running other services in my LAN with other public IP, like the gitlab, data synchronize and other essential services to provide a development environment.
I guess to make my proxmox reachable on the internet is need to configure the firewall proxmox and some proxy proxmox or install and configure anything like nginx or apache.

BobhWasatch, you have some idea?

I found the solution!
First, you need to open the ports on the Linux firewall and after in the proxmox firewall. I don't know why, but there is difference between them (firewall).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!