how to Configure exim with proxmox mail gateway

Hi,

I'm trying to configure exim with proxmox mail gateway.

Hi,
yes, and what is the question? For incoming emails just add your exim server as default relay on proxmox,

and for sending messages from exim to proxmox (outgoing emails) please follow the exim documentation for smarthost setting.

a good way to start is to read the documentation,

my server of mail have two cards one internal and external direction, the server promox has one internal direction, in the default relay proxmox I have done tests with the internal direction of exim and with the external direction, but there do not happen yet for proxmox the post office, which configuration addition is necessary to do?

my server of mail have two cards one internal and external direction, the server promox has one internal direction, in the default relay proxmox I have done tests with the internal direction of exim and with the external direction, but there do not happen yet for proxmox the post office, which configuration addition is necessary to do?

hi,
I am sorry but I do not understand this issue correctly. please describe your problem in detail or maybe you can send a drawing for better understanding.

proxmox does not need two network cards. incoming and ougoing traffic uses just one card.

Hi,

My configuration is the following:

mail server:
Local IP: 192.168.0.101
External IP: 63.245.16.57

Proxmox configuration:
System Configuration:
IP Address: 192.168.0.115
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.105
DNS
Hostname: proxmox
Domain:deltropicofurniture.com

Mail proxy configuration:
Default Relay:192.168.0.101
Smtp port:25
Relayed Domains: deltropicofurniture.com
Smarthost: 192.168.0.101

best regards,

Cesar

Hi,

mail server:

Proxmox configuration:
System Configuration:
Gateway 192.168.0.105
DNS

best regards,

Cesar

hi again,

please describe your setup in detail:
what do you want to do?
what is working, what is the expected result?
what is not working?
error messages, logs
... and all other comments. see also this.

Hi,

mail server:

Proxmox configuration:
System Configuration:
Gateway 192.168.0.105
DNS

best regards,

Cesar
I have the same problem. The proxmox is configured the same way as by Tom, it works, refreshes data from net, but there is no result. All the mail is the same as without proxmox. No virus detected, no spam indicated.
I have free licenced version for one domain.
Do I need to change anything on the cisco router? I didn't touch anything(the router, the exchange) just introduced the proxmox (under vmware) into the system.
best regards, abrak

I have the same problem. The proxmox is configured the same way as by Tom, it works, refreshes data from net, but there is no result. All the mail is the same as without proxmox. No virus detected, no spam indicated.
I have free licenced version for one domain.
Do I need to change anything on the cisco router? I didn't touch anything(the router, the exchange) just introduced the proxmox (under vmware) into the system.
best regards, abrak

Hi,

If emails are not scanned you are sending emails to the internal port!

You have to send incoming emails from the internet to the external smtp port (external port: see the admin interface Configuration/Mail Proxy/Ports/external SMTP port)

I recommend to correct this asap, see also the documentation.

Hi,

If emails are not scanned you are sending emails to the internal port!

You have to send incoming emails from the internet to the external smtp port (external port: see the admin interface Configuration/Mail Proxy/Ports/external SMTP port)

I recommend to correct this asap, see also the documentation.
The port are by default -External SMTP Port is 25, Internal SMTP Port is 26

I'd like to test if the spam is recognized, but the statistics is 0 mail - but in reality there is quite a lot of mail.

Is there really nothing to change in the cisco router/firewall I have on the barrier to the external world?

The port are by default -External SMTP Port is 25, Internal SMTP Port is 26

I'd like to test if the spam is recognized, but the statistics is 0 mail - but in reality there is quite a lot of mail.

Is there really nothing to change in the cisco router/firewall I have on the barrier to the external world?

hi,
the firewall has to forward smtp to the external smtp port from the proxmox server. please recheck your firewall , see the documention describing the firewall settings.

Hi,

I have configured my server mail it's working fine, but I want to configurate the proxmox mail.

Server mail work with exim and Fedora Linux.
My server mail have two IP address internal and external.
My proxmox mail gateway have a internal IP address.

What settings should I change the mail server and Proxmox, so that come first to post Proxmox?

I've been seeing the documentation, but I have not been able to do work.

I need to do tests to see if you buy the license later.

thanks

Hi,

I have configured my server mail it's working fine, but I want to configurate the proxmox mail.

Server mail work with exim and Fedora Linux.
My server mail have two IP address internal and external.
My proxmox mail gateway have a internal IP address.

What settings should I change the mail server and Proxmox, so that come first to post Proxmox?

I've been seeing the documentation, but I have not been able to do work.

I need to do tests to see if you buy the license later.

thanks

I suggest you take a look on the deployment guide to see the different scenarios. After you decided which one applies to your environment you can go further.

Try to ask a specific question, provide all details and define what is working and at which point do you fail.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!