How to configure a fiber channel store directly on a virtual machine?

Fransuelo

Jul 18, 2010
Hello everybody. I want, rather, I need to connect a fiber channel store to a virtual machine. I know how to use fiber channel as a virtual machine store in proxmox I already do. I would not like to get a fiber channel and map using something like qm set vmid -ide ... I would like to map using wwn.

Does anyone have the way of stones?

Thanks in advance for all for the help and collaboration.

There is not way to do this over the GUI and I do not even know a way to do this on the CLI either. As far as I know, you need hardware support for that, at least NPIV, but my hardware does not support this (also not on VMware) to try. There has been patches to QEMU to get this working, yet I do not know the state of that.

Message about implementing fc-virtio stuff:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/1/16/439

Reactions: Fransuelo
[QUOTE = "There is not way to do this over the GUI and I do not even know a way to do this on the CLI either. As far as I know, you need hardware support for that, at least NPIV, but my hardware does not support this (also not on VMware) to try. There has been patches to QEMU to get this working, yet I do not know the state of that.

Message about implementing fc-virtio stuff:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/1/16/439
[/ QUOTE]

LnxBil, thanks for your help.

What hardware information do you need to know if NPIV is possible?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!