How to add IPv6 nameservers to guest

Jul 25, 2019
Norway
centoba.com
I got a host/server running a few guests (CT/VM) with IPv6 only. I need these guests to have IPv6 nameservers added in their resolve.conf.

What is the best practice to achieve this?

I tried adding 6 nameservers in resolve.conf at the host/server (3x IPv4 + 3x IPv6) but only the first 3 nameservers is added to resolve.conf at the guests.

Manually editing the guest resolve.conf and restarting network works, but is only a temporary solution as everything is reset on reboot.

Thank you.

I am just looking for a easy solution that provide guests with nameservers for IPv6 and IPv4.

Manually editing resolve.conf and add a total of 6 nameservers works fine. The problem is that PVE resets resolve.conf when the guest is rebooted.

Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!