[SOLVED] How i can remove directory-entry from gui?

fireon

Distinguished Member
Oct 25, 2010
Austria/Graz
iteas.at
Hello all,

i've tested something with an HDD. I've created in the GUI an EXT4 disk and added this automatically to the storage's. So i would delete it. But there is no button for removing directories. On CMD i also nothing found about. Only the file "/etc/pve/.rrd" there is this entry, but this file is not variable.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181222_214157.png
    Screenshot_20181222_214157.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 907
I didn't understand. I searched for:
Code:
grep -R -i /mnt/pve/testdir /etc/
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mnt-pve-testdir.mount:Where=/mnt/pve/testdir
/etc/systemd/system/mnt-pve-testdir.mount:Where=/mnt/pve/testdir
Also in the pve-doc's.
I disabled the service and unount the target:
Code:
systemctl disable mnt-pve-testdir.mount
umount /mnt/pve/testdir
I also unpluged the hdd from the server but nothing, the entry didn't go away.

Just verified the code, but what you describe is not really possible - at least I can't see how that happens. Maybe it is a browser problem? Already tried to clear the browser cache, or used another browser?

Hi Dietmar,

Just verified the code, but what you describe is not really possible - at least I can't see how that happens. Maybe it is a browser problem? Already tried to clear the browser cache, or used another browser?
What should i say... it's there. Removed the firefoxconfig, and tested with fresh chromium. Same problem. Proxmox will mount the disk. But the disk was removed. No enry in the file "/etc/pve/.rrd".

Nothing:
Code:
grep -R -i /mnt/pve/testdir /etc/
grep: /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/snmpd.service: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
grep: /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pve-manager.service: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
/etc/systemd/system/mnt-pve-testdir.mount:Where=/mnt/pve/testdir
grep: /etc/ssl/certs/startcom-ca2.pem: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
grep: /etc/fonts/conf.d/70-no-bitmaps.conf: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

I have the same problem, I have removed the drive, and the mount point, pvesm remove <directory>, vgchange -a n <directory>, vgremove <directory>, rebooted the server, still shows up under directories in the web gui

I have the same problem, I have removed the drive, and the mount point, pvesm remove <directory>, vgchange -a n <directory>, vgremove <directory>, rebooted the server, still shows up under directories in the web gui
Thanks a lot for the information, so i'am not alone with :eek::)

did you delete the systemd mount unit file?
/etc/systemd/system/mnt-pve-testdir.mount
Thanks a lot, this is the trick. After deleted the file and reload systemd the entry was gone. So maybe something is missing in that process?

I can replicate this bug with 6.1 - I removed the directory from the GUI but I still had to manually unmount it, disable it, and rm the mount point.

Have the same bug. Also followed the same to remove directories.

Btw if you do not want to reboot to reuse the disk after you removed the directory (the disk still seen as used for partitions) you can remove the partitions using fdisk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!