How do the Proxmox calculate the resource of Node in HA-cluster?

Quốc Hưởng

Mar 2, 2018
I have 5-node proxmox in HA cluster. I wanna know how do the proxmox calculate the resource of Node?
Example when my 1st node down, the VM move to the highest-priority node. So when do the VM move to the next-priority node ? ( 80% RAM or 80% CPU of highest-priority node are used, etc....)
Thanks for reading this post, have a good day :)

vms do not move around based on resources
if a node goes down, it gets relocated (like you wrote)
but aside from that, no automatic moving happens (as of now)

Zz I dont understand your meaning.
When i set a node to highest Priority, all VMs will move to this node first. If highest priority node is out of resource, the remaining VMs in the down-node must move to the others node. Right?
So when do the VMs move to others node?

Example:
1: Down-node ( 3 VMs)
2: 2 VMs from Down-node move to this, then out of resources
3: 1 Last VM will move to this

you can control this with the 'max restart' and 'max relocate' options per service
the 'max restart' option says how often the ha-manager tries to start the vm on a node before it gives up there
and 'max relocate' says how many different hosts it should try

so if one node is down and 3 vms need to be relocated
it start them on the one with the highest priority in the ha group
if a vm cannot be started there 'max restart' times
then the next host will be tried
and this for 'max relocate' times

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!