How can I route between OpenVS Vlans?

Fauch

Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

before I was using a traditional setup with Linux Bridges and a pfSense VM. Recently I made the switch to OpenVS (mostly because I just wanted to try it out).

I now have the following setup:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet manual

auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto vlan1
iface vlan1 inet static
address 10.192.76.87/23
gateway 10.192.77.254
ovs_type OVSIntPort
ovs_bridge vmbr0
ovs_options vlan_mode=access

auto vlan55
iface vlan55 inet static
address 192.168.55.1/24
ovs_type OVSIntPort
ovs_bridge vmbr0
ovs_options tag=55

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
ovs_bonds enp1s0 enp4s0
ovs_type OVSBond
ovs_bridge vmbr0
ovs_options bond_mode=balance-slb

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
ovs_type OVSBridge
ovs_ports bond0 vlan1 vlan55

(10.192.76.0/23 is my physical network). This seems to work fine: I can create machines with vlan id 55 and they are able to ping the OVSIntPort in vlan 55 (192.168.55.1).
Now I'd like to route between those vlans. As OpenVSwitch does not use multiple bridges, I don't think I can work with pfSense anymore (by simply adding a port in every bridge to the VM and then routing between those ports).

How is this supposed to work? Any pointers in the right direction would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!