How can i remove nodes from the cluster?

sonuyos

Jun 18, 2020
I have 13 nodes under 1 cluster, with VM setup on each, i want to separate them all from the cluster and keep them as individual node, how can i do that?

In this case you can ignore the first sentence
Move all virtual machines from the node.
in the documentation. Just leave them there. They will not magically move.

The rest of the documentation is still a way to dissolve the cluster completely. I tried this 5 minutes ago on a 4 node cluster and now have 4 standalone nodes with no guest moved. Make sure to also read "5.5.1. Separate A Node Without Reinstalling".

In this case you can ignore the first sentence

in the documentation. Just leave them there. They will not magically move.

The rest of the documentation is still a way to dissolve the cluster completely. I tried this 5 minutes ago on a 4 node cluster and now have 4 standalone nodes with no guest moved. Make sure to also read "5.5.1. Separate A Node Without Reinstalling".
I tried it - https://prnt.sc/tmop10

However i can still see other nodes and VPS, tho cannot see their status but can still noVNC into the VMs. Did i do anything wrong?

When you try pvecm status, does it say something like the following?
Code:
pvecm status
Error: Corosync config '/etc/pve/corosync.conf' does not exist - is this node part of a cluster?

Did you delete the folders /etc/pve/nodes/NAME_OF_OTHER_NODE?
As the configuration files from the other nodes are still in the cluster filesystem you may want to clean those up too. Remove simply the whole directory recursive from /etc/pve/nodes/NODENAME, but check three times that you used the correct one before deleting it.

When you try pvecm status, does it say something like the following?
Code:
pvecm status
Error: Corosync config '/etc/pve/corosync.conf' does not exist - is this node part of a cluster?

Did you delete the folders /etc/pve/nodes/NAME_OF_OTHER_NODE?

pvecm status shows that, yes.

As for deleting, do i have to delete it from each nd every node manually, except the nodes folder?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!