[SOLVED] Host >> Disk >> Usage >> Incorrect (LVM instead of Ceph OSD)

Seed

Oct 18, 2019
I messed around with creating new classes and rules and such which works great. But in the Host >> Disk >> Usage it's not showing the correct usage for the nvme drives:

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 4.23.11 PM.png

It should show osd.20:

Host1 >> Ceph >> Configuration
item osd.20 weight 0.909

Host1 >> Ceph >> Configuration
item osd.20 weight 0.909
Does this NVMe hold the DB+WAL for the other OSDs? Or was it created as a separate OSD?

Also, since Ceph Nautilus, the ceph-disk utility used for the OSD creation does not exist anymore. Instead ceph-volume is used and that create LVM based OSDs.

Does this NVMe hold the DB+WAL for the other OSDs? Or was it created as a separate OSD?

Also, since Ceph Nautilus, the ceph-disk utility used for the OSD creation does not exist anymore. Instead ceph-volume is used and that create LVM based OSDs.

There are 6 nvme OSDs that were created, then afterwards using the cli the class was set to nvme, after they were initially created as SSD by defauled so unset and set those 6.

There are 3 however that I added and were defaulted to blank, as I disabled update per some guides I found. Those I just needed to set the class. They show as LVM by disk, even though the pool is RBD(PVE) for the nvme class.

Last edited:
The usage is just an indication of use, that our code tries to provide. Depending on setup this might just lead to 'LVM'. But it doesn't have an impact on the OSDs itself.

Reactions: Seed
Hi
I have same issue,
Newly OSD for /dev/sdc became also LVM and is named "Ceph osd.xx (BLuestore)"
But only /dev/nvme0n1 is named "LVM"
So its clearly possible to fix this bug ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!