[SOLVED] Homepage LXC - Local images for background

elyviere

Aug 15, 2024
Hi.

I've just gotten started on my Proxmox journey, so please be kind.

I've installed Homepage LXC with the Proxmox VE Helper-Scripts (https://github.com/tteck/Proxmox/raw/main/ct/homepage.sh). I downloaded a couple of images to the VE and am trying to use them for the background of homepage.

On the homepage website, it says to place images in /app/public/images and then access them via /images/background.png. However in proxmox I also noticed that there's an images folder in /opt/homepage/images, which I thought might be related, so I placed my image in both locations. Either way, I tried a bunch of different options:
background: images/cranes.jpg
background: /images/cranes.jpg
background: cranes.jpg
background: /cranes.jpg
and none of these worked. When accessing the homepage I get a 404 for the GET-request for cranes.jpg. However, using a url like so:
background: https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1502790671504-542ad42d5189?auto=format&fit=crop&w=2560&q=80
worked without any issue. I've also verified permissions for the images and containing directories, and they're all at least 644.

Has anyone managed to get this working in an LXC container and can see what it is I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Good catch, then I know where they're supposed to be at least.

I did try that, even restarted the proxmox server itself, and still no luck. Also tried to use one of the pre-existing images in the /opt/homepage/images folder, 1.png, but that still did not give me a background image.

Good catch, then I know where they're supposed to be at least.

I did try that, even restarted the proxmox server itself, and still no luck. Also tried to use one of the pre-existing images in the /opt/homepage/images folder, 1.png, but that still did not give me a background image.

Taking a better look at how this app works, you should be able to do something like below:

mkdir /opt/homepage/public/images/
Copy your images there
Reboot your container
Access from a browser: http://<homepage>:<port>/images/<imagename.png>

Reactions: elyviere
Yess, there we go. That was the solution, placing the images in /opt/homepage/public/ allowed me to access them via the browser.

Thank you for taking the time to dig into the app to find that sva, can't have been easy but it certainly is very appreciated!

Yess, there we go. That was the solution, placing the images in /opt/homepage/public/ allowed me to access them via the browser.

Thank you for taking the time to dig into the app to find that sva, can't have been easy but it certainly is very appreciated!

My pleasure! Feel free to mark as solved :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!