xzivzs

Jul 14, 2023
Hey there,

----------------------------------------------------------------
System :
Proxmox v8.1.3
2 LXC's
4 VM's : 3 ubuntu servers , 1 windows server
- 2 ubuntu servers with 6 dockers running , been a year roughly with 1% CPU average for both even less
- 1 ubuntu server with only 1 docker running , not even 1% CPU usage
----------------------------------------------------------------

I did up to date my Proxmox server yesterday to the latest updates (I was especially concerned about the ZFS data corruption issue). Everything went accordingly.
24h later, this morning, I noticed that 2 of my Ubuntu servers, the ones with 6 dockers running, have both constant 50% CPU usage reported by Proxmox. Wen I check with "Top" or "htop" inside the VM though the CPU utilization is roughly 1 - 2%. I checked all the process and nothing stands out.
I'm running Grafana to monitor my Proxmox server and I noticed the CPU usage jumped for both server's at 3am. I quickly linked that time with the time I'm running a backup of my Proxmox LXC's and VM's (backup job starting at 3am). Since I did reboot both server's and now I went back to regular CPU usage ~1% but I'm wondering if you guys did experience the same thing lately ?

I'll keep monitoring it after my next backup tomorrow at 3am and see if the CPU still get stuck at 50% usage for both of these servers.

Cheers!
xzi.

Last edited:
I have the same problem too. I did
Code:
apt install pve-qemu-kvm=8.1.2-4
in the console and am waiting for the backup schedule.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!