High IO delay only with NFS usage.

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
I have two ovh dedi server. When I store backup to second disk it runs ok. But if I mount NFS share and store backup there, I see high IO delay thus Kvm hangs. And I have to stop backup.

Any idea?

The NFS server is too slow and/or unreliable under load. I see this on many OVH setups.

Ftp mount is for also better and fast. I did not notice any slowness but with that it just hangs in any point of completetion. One thing o noted it, with ovh os templates, files system is ext3 with iso install it is ext4. So first I am going to try with iso install and if it still fails will go back to pve 3. Because I do not think it is ovh releated issue.

There is absoletly something with version 4.2 Because all went very good with version 3. I tried extfs3 but did not help. I do not want to swtich to v3. Can you suggest something :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!