Hide unused nodes for the user who has been given VM usage rights.

plastilin

Renowned Member
Oct 9, 2012
Ukraine
Hello everyone. How hide the cluster nodes for the user if virtual machines are not running on them. They are simply displayed if the user is logged in.

no that is not possible currently, why exactly would you need it?

why exactly would you need it?
I have a test lab deployed on three nodes for testing software on virtual machines. Quite often we have to give access to third parties to virtual machines to test their software in our environment. We do not want to disclose how many physical nodes we have, but they see the infrastructure, which is not very good for us. We solved the issue of placing iso images using nfs and restrict the user from changing the VM configuration. I would also like to implement a single entry point, for example, a load balancer based on nginx. It happens that a node is turned off or in a reboot, while they try to connect to it and start looking through addresses, for example node01.domain.tld, node02.domain.tld, etc. Since the cluster is raised, the scheme works. But I would like to use, for example, a single name cloud.domin.tld

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!