Help!!! Virtual machines do not see disks

furylicouz

Jul 22, 2024
Hi all! I had 1 raid of two disks, one failed and after rebooting the server the virtual disks of the virtual machines stopped working, what should I do? Help please, there is very important information for me.
1721650636803.png

I had 1 raid of two disks, one failed
How did you set up the raid array? How did you recover it after one disk failed?

Can you also post the output of lsblk?

How did you set up the raid array? How did you recover it after one disk failed?

Can you also post the output of lsblk?
We did not restore the raid array, we launched it with one disk.
We need to recover the sda disk

Or alternatively, how can I get the data that was on the disks of virtual machines?
1721659952548.png

We did not restore the raid array, we launched it with one disk.
Alright, but be aware that this is quite risky.

We need to recover the sda disk
I'm assuming you mean the boot drive of the VM in question. Can you provide the ID of the VM you want to recover? Your first post shows that you have disks for VMs 100 through 106. All these LVs are inactive, though. You could try to activate them with lvchange -ay pve/vm-$ID-disk-0 and then try to start the VM. You could also try to use dd if=/dev/pve/vm-$ID-disk-0 of=/path/to/backup/file.img to create an image of the LV.

What exactelly do you mean by "virtual disks of the virtual machines stopped working"? Do you get an error when trying to start a VM?

Alright, but be aware that this is quite risky.

I'm assuming you mean the boot drive of the VM in question. Can you provide the ID of the VM you want to recover? Your first post shows that you have disks for VMs 100 through 106. All these LVs are inactive, though. You could try to activate them with lvchange -ay pve/vm-$ID-disk-0 and then try to start the VM. You could also try to use dd if=/dev/pve/vm-$ID-disk-0 of=/path/to/backup/file.img to create an image of the LV.

What exactelly do you mean by "virtual disks of the virtual machines stopped working"? Do you get an error when trying to start a VM?
root@pve01:~# lvchange -ay pve/vm-100-disk-0
device-mapper: reload ioctl on (253:7) failed: No data available

1721770887865.png

1721770929285.png

Last edited:
You should really try to recover your RAID array in this case. What are you using to create the array?

You should really try to recover your RAID array in this case. What are you using to create the array?
Our raid has been completely destroyed, most likely it can no longer be restored. I made a copy from the disk and now I’m trying to restore the data, proxmox loads but then it doesn’t work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!