Help Installing Proxmox, Error pre install.

GhostViper

May 3, 2020
Proxmox - NVidia Issues

Hi All,

I am trying to move from Hyper-V to proxmox but I can’t even get past installing the program, below is the error message, it looks like it’s having issues with my NVidia graphics card but I have no onboard graphics to use instead...

Thanks all,
GV

104F3165-6AFC-46D3-9FDF-C2051CF5D163.jpeg

hi,

what graphics card do you have? can you tell us a bit about the hardware?

we try to test our ISO on a variety of hardware, but unfortunately we can't test it on everything...

if it keeps being a problem you can try installing regular debian first[0]

[0]: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Buster

Hi Oguz,

sorry for the delay in replying.

please see below.

regards,

Dell Precision 7810 Workstation Dual Intel Xeon E5 CPU 64GB 128GB RAM HDD SSD & NVidia Quadro K5200.

maybe you can try deactivating UEFI in your BIOS and see if it helps (one user had a similar problem and was able to workaround this way)

I’ve disabled secure boot and switched to legacy and that’s when I get the attached error

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!