[SOLVED] [Help] Crashed on start up on amd 5800x machine

ps2pspgood

Nov 1, 2021
Hi,
Recently, I have my new rig with AMD 5800X and asus tuf x570 gaming plus wifi. The GPU is evga rtx3070 and ram is 16 gb. I have a nvme ssd pcie 4.0 512 gb and one 1 tb sata HDD.
I tried to install latest proxmox on it. During setup, it stuck at the initial start up for a while. Finally, it go into the GUI installation and I successfully installed it. However, after reboot, the machin crashed immediately at start up and the screen display non meaningful symbols... (In the attached picture)
Each time I start up, the last line readable output is different. So, I cannot figure out which part went wrong.
But, if I install ubuntu, everything works fine and smooth...
I have updated the bios and reset to default. Not worked...
Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-01-08-41-42-200_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-01-08-41-42-200_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 10
It turned out to be the compatibility issue on new RTX 3070.
After I installed an additional GT620 graphics card, it can boot.
I do not know the exact cause of this..... Dose anyone know this?
I also set up the GPU pass through for RTX 3070.

On the other hand, I found a strange problem. After some time (1-2 h) of usage (making new VM), my nvme drive (pcie 4.0) that hold the OS will be gone. And the whole system died... After reboot the bios cannot detect the drive neither. The only way is to completely unplug the system and restart again.
I did not experience this when using ubuntu for 3 days.

Do you have any clues about this?
Thank you very much.

The nvme SSD is a faulty drive. I have returned it. Case closed. Thank you very much for the help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!