hej

Salmoneus

Apr 19, 2007
No mail is accepted by Proxmox, error 450

I am a new Proxmox user, and I have installed a free version of the server for testing. The server is located between an existing mail gateway (to be replaced...) and our internal mail server. I have added the internal server as the "default relay" and the mail gateway as "smarthost".

My problem is that no mail is accepted by Proxmox. This is a typical error:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mailserver.domain.com[192.168.0.50]: 450
<user@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Service is
unavailable (try later); from=<sender@anotherdomain.com>
to=<user@domain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<domain.com>

The "user@domain.com" is a valid user on the internal mail server.

I got it to work once, and now I don't know what broke it. When it "worked" it only accepted mails to recipients that have a user account on the internal mail server, even though I have not enabled neither "Reject Unknown Clients" nor "Verify Receivers".

What I mean is that "name.lastname@domain.com" is an alias to "name", which is the actual user account, and that has to be a valid recipient too!

Any hints on what could be causing this?

/Salmoneus

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where that topic name came from :)

Must have slipped somewhere...

Any way to edit that...?

My problem is that no mail is accepted by Proxmox. This is a typical error:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mailserver.domain.com[192.168.0.50]: 450
<user@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Service is
unavailable (try later); from=<sender@anotherdomain.com>
to=<user@domain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<domain.com>

The "user@domain.com" is a valid user on the internal mail server.

I got it to work once, and now I don't know what broke it. When it "worked" it only accepted mails to recipients that have a user account on the internal mail server, even though I have not enabled neither "Reject Unknown Clients" nor "Verify Receivers".

What I mean is that "name.lastname@domain.com" is an alias to "name", which is the actual user account, and that has to be a valid recipient too!

Any hints on what could be causing this?

/Salmoneus

hi,
"450 errors Recipient address rejected: Service is unavailable (try later)" means that the message is greylistet, this is enabled by default (you can disable it for testing on the web interface, Configuration/Mail Proxy/Options.

for details see Filtering methods - greylisting

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!