hda driveready error

ressel

Mar 7, 2010
Hello Proxmox users,

For about 14 days ago, one of my virtual servers started give me these harddrive errors. (see screenshot)
Does any one know how i can fix it?
its really hard to get the machine up and run, i must restart it several times before i can access it.

If any info is needed, just tell me!

Best Regards,
Søren Ressel

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 13
look not good, I suggest you restore form the last valid backup.

what kind of virtual disks do you use for this vm and what underlying storage system do you use?

There is none backup of this virtual disc
IDE IDE 0:0 404.00 local:101/web1.ybnet.dk-000002.qcow2

Virtual environment is Debian, the server was converted from vmware, about six months ago.

Personally I am always using raw instead of qcow2 to eliminate possible issues with this additional virtualization layers (as I do not need the qcow2 features in most cases). what about my second question?

I am asking about your storage subsystem hardware.

what kind of:
hard disks?
raid controller?
raid volumes?

Hello,

The setup i'm using is single 750 gb hard-drive, sata. none errors were found on last fsck witch is about 1 week ago.
2 x 750gb is installed, but is waiting for my server center got a raid controller ready (not installed)
so the second disc is not in use.

I had problems with disks after updating to pve-1.6 with a kernel 2.6.32. It only on one server. Has rolled away a kernel to 2.6.24 - works normally. On the second server of problems hasn't arisen.

maybe with the first kernel release together with 1.6? we fixed some issue regarding the firmware files a few days after the initial release, seems to fixed these problems.

pls provide all info regarding this issue - pls open a new thread.

for me it looks like the disk is corrupted - therefore I suggested to restore from a backup.

Yesterday the disc stopped working totally, it wouldn't boot or something, this morning i tried install ubuntu on same virtual machine on a new disc, and then mount this bad disc.
I could access /var/www and other folders with important data.
The whole day I have been working on installing a new ispconfig server and import my data from this bad disc to the new machine.
Now i can finally say.
Its running and working fine again.
Thanks proxmox for a good platform where its so easy to make a new machine and add the virtual discs to a machine!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!